Thursday, August 9 
I drove downtown to the court house today to serve my jury duty. Listening to the orientation, I decided i wasn't going to risk having to come back to serve more days (cuz i'm moving up to school and all tomorrow morning.) So i got my thing postponed. I still had to pay for parking which was $2 every fifteen minutes, which made it a total of $10 for the hour I was there to not even serve jury duty. After gasping at the price, the stupid mexican parking dude had the nerve to say to me "You're beautiful you know but I still have to charge you." Eww. Well what good does that do me?! Anyways, last blog here in SD before I move back up to school tomorrow morning. Yuck. I start school in 10 days. What has become of my summer? I don't even know if I have something to share off the top of my head if someone asked me what i've been doing with my summer. Nothing significant that's for sure. I just began The Virgin Suicides yesterday. No, I have not seen the movie yet so it should be good when i do. The book is good so far. Very creepy and mysterious but also ironically funny. I imagined that this week would be a week of cramming time to spend with friends before my early farewell but for the first time that hasn't been so. I have definately seen many many different people this summer, this week even, but its uneventfullness is definately a reflection of this summer's theme: somewhat unfulfilling; using superficial activities to temporarily relieve it. Hmm, that's more like the theme of my life. Well maybe i'm being a little too cynical. What little time I have spent with true/close friends this summer I absolutely appreciate. There is a quality with them that I lack with most friends from school. Hopefully that will change in months to come. The calmness and relaxation of this summer will probably be the last time of its kind. Next summer I might not even be in San Diego, and even if i were, I'd be working a lot more (I should hope). I'm going to find a real job by then. No more bullshitting around at abercrombie for minimum wage. Oh how sad, it's actually kinda fun. I should finish up my packing. Good thing i live not too far- I'm always forgetting items to bring back up to school. Bye bye San Diego, see ya in a few weeks.