Saturday, June 28 
Ciao hommies! Rome is filled with layers and layers of history and we sure are doing a whole damn lot of walking trying to see bits and pieces of it. It is just so crazy being in such an old city knowing that huge historical events have taken place at the very spot I am standing on. The Italians crack me up. They are very direct in how they feel. They show anger very well and they also show apathy pretty well too. We have seen so many angy Italians just ripping people's assholes apart. Luckily, Christie and I are doing quite well doing as the Romans do. I have this phrase book I bought with all the European languages. Before and during each country, we give ourselves a crash course. I can confidently say "I would like a gelato/sandwich/Fanta..." And "how much does this cost" and "hello, bye, thank you" and the such. We get by. Plus the Europeans are pretty well versed with English. I hope I don't get stoned to death for this, but seeing Europe for myself just makes me realize how dumb we Americans are. For instance, the grocery store will be on the lower level of a building and the rest of it is real good shit like cosmetics and clothing. I'm not talking about Cover Girl, I'm talking about MAC and Dolce and Gabbana lingere. Ok, so I understand how that would ruin our established capitalistic ways of selling consumer goods. But they have bars that includes a club along with food and ice cream. (By the way, ice cream in the US will never be the same again now that I've experienced gellato.) And sometimes kareokee and that whole bit. And there's no age limit for drinking, which goes to show how incompent we are of handling our alcohol so we have to make a law. There are tons of centers or Piazzas everywhere where kids, teens, and adults can just hang out. People will just hang out together day and evening, facing the center of the piazza. It gives people a public place to have a proper good time. In the US, that's called loitering so people find trouble elsewhere.
Oh yeah, listen to this. Today I walked down the street with a Gucci bag on one hand and a Fendi and Diesel back on the other. It was just so retardedly ludicris! We had to take a picture of ourselves. The next time that image happens will be many years from now. The prices are just so riduculously good compared to the US. Then I had to take my purses out of the packaging to cram into my backpack. So sad. I don't think we'll be able to buy much more stuff- we have 3 more countries to go!
Men, young or old, diry or clean, have no problems making cat calls and trying to get your attention. Old men will so indiscretely check your boobs out and get hard up on it.
It is still extremely sticky and hot here, I have more mosquito bites despite the insect repellant, and my allergies are going buck wild. I hate to admit this, but the thought of going home to comfort has already crossed my mind. But I just as bad still really want to see it all. We leave Rome Monday for Switzerland so that will be a good change of pace.
Oh yeah, I am going to see the pope Sunday! hee hee I'm not even Catholic but Christie and Monica are. I guess there's a St Peter's Festival/ service of some sort and we got tickets for them. We are on our way to check out the night life right now so we can repent all our sins tomorrow. Arriverderci!