Wednesday, February 11
|
This last weekend reminded me why I love being a female. I had almost forgotten the sensational feeling and powerful effects of being girl with your group of girlfriends on a Saturday night. If we act like we're going to get something, we usually do on a good night. Don't want to wait for a table? Flirt with the Host-voila! Wait time cut down by 30 min. Club line looking like an eternity away? Scootch your way to the front by whispering "excuse me baby" to every guy in your way and show the Guest-list man your 5 hot girlfriends right behind you. Need to score free drinks? Send your freshly fake-breasted girlfriend to the bartender or some lonely lad who's willing to spare a drink for 10 minutes of your time being seen with him. It is amazing the things we get away with for being these pretty, sexual, semi-intelligent creatures, in a male's perspective. I suppose if males didn't view us this way, we wouldn't always get what we wanted. Knowing that, we play it up and eat it up for all it's worth, smiling while secretly snickering at our counterparts. Is this unethical? Do we feel wrong or bad? Maybe, sometimes. But it isn't any more unethical than guys just wanting to get in our pants. Don't deny it- you know that's the ultimate goal. Additionally, I see it as a sybiotic system. Supply and Demand. Now I can't speak on behalf of the entire female population, just for my girlfriends and I. It doesn't always work out our way EVERY time but with strategic planning and good hair, it usually does. This is a luxury that I can never experience rolling out with a group of guys. I apologize if I have ever under-estimated my bad, bad girlfriends. |
|