Monday, April 26
|
Ignorance is Bliss. I woke up to Kevin & Bean's interview with William Hung this morning. Will is teaching a fitness class at Bally's in Hollywood today, even though he has never done anything like it before. Will has also coined himself a Virgin. As the virgin spokesmodel, Kevin asks if he's waiting for marriage. No he's not. He's just waiting for the right one. "I bet you have a ton of women just throwing themselves on you. Why not now? You might as well take advantage of this opportunity." His response, "That's true." They continue to poke and prod at him in a mocking way that I couldn't decide if it was funny or just straight-up mean. Well ok obviously both. But what about this William Hung phenonmenon are we delighting in more- his precious innocent naivety or outright stupidity? Right before the call, Kevin & Bean speculated that he actually just might be retarded. (They obviously haven't been exposed to the people of Berkeley). Sometimes I feel bad for the feller for being the center of mockery but then again, he's making a good penny out of this Forrest Gump act. And he's gotten quite cocky about himself too (not so Forrest Gump there). The one thing that I can't shake- he's Chinese. Go us! Take that Justin Timberlake! |
|