Wednesday, June 2
I decided that nobody wins if I either choose to ignore the slimeball, or fein interest and make plans to meet out of pity or even entertainment. So I did what I felt was the right thing to do. I gave an honest reply. Halfway through I kinda felt bad and had to revise a few words so as not to seem like a complete bitch, just partial. So it ends here (I hope, anyway).
To: Alan Sung
Subject: Re: Hi Des!
Alan, sorry, Al-
Hi. Yes, I got your emails. I've just been sitting on them. We actually have already met. Holiday season, K-Town restaurant/bar, Cyrnni's little sister's friend. Wild, I know. I don't actually remember you but this is what I've been told.
Unfortunately, I have not seen Wei in probably like 10+ years so I'm baffled by this awkward family arrangement. I love to meet new people but your email just rubbed me slightly the wrong way and I discovered it to be somewhat obtrusive, which is why I've hesitated to email you back. But the circumstances are just too damn ironic and comedic that I feel it would only be right for me to make some sort of reply, especially since I've already gone out of my way in adding you as a Friendster. From your friends, you sound like a nice guy but I'd be dishonest if I said I was eager to get together with you soon. The tone you've set makes this seem like it would be a "set-up" instead of a friendly hang out and I'm obviously not comfortable with that kind of forwardness. I apologize for my own candor but I think I'm going to have to pass. Perhaps we shall run into each other again and hopefully have a better encounter. I wish you the best of luck. Have yourself a great week.
best,
Desiree |
|