Monday, August 2 
I've been spending my last two long weekends in beautiful Newport Beach, aka "The OC" and loving every beach minute of it. I've never lived more than 30 minutes away from a beach before and the thought of having to drive any longer than that to reach the ocean is unfathomable. I don't know how those inlanders do it. I had the luxury of staying at a beach house past couple weeks. One of the best feelings in the world is taking a dip in the 67 degree ocean and then drying off on a large warm sandy beach towel under the beating hot sun in 80 degree weather. And yet even better is sipping on a scooner of Wyder's Pear Cider right after that. Man this is going to be one long week of work.
Anyway, I've been too self-absorbed in my own hedonistic pleasures to deal with Pouty Boy Al. I'm going through his emails to see if he has ever left me his # but apparently he has not. It's been a week since the 'rents gave me a toungue lashing and I'm wondering if they've forgotten about the whole ordeal already so I don't actually have to call the piece of [fill in the blank so I don't have to be accused of publicly humiliating anyone]. This thing needs to be done and over with so I can rid the bad aura he has radiated on me.