Tuesday, October 19
|
Los Angeles has received its first down-pour of rain this season. To my surprise, I am not all that devestated that the cold days are upon us now. It's almost kind of refreshing to feel the brisk, cold air brushing past my face. But it's the kind of cold that still allows me to be in open toe shoes and a thin jacket. I can handle it. Nothing extreme like, God forbid, snow. I used to hate cloudy rainy days. It made me want to cry. I'm not sure what exactly changed my perspective. Perhaps I have a greater appreciation for the beautiful SoCal weather and decided it was silly for me to be letting a few months of clouds harbor so much saddness and disappointment when others are suffering from snowstorms or worse. Or maybe it's that cold rainy days bring a nostalgic feeling now that I've found the small pleasures of winter. Like wearing big socks or slippers around the house. And hiding under the down comforter in bed with just your head peeping out to feel the cold crisp air. And it's even better when there's a spooner to share the warmth. Summer spooning gets sweaty. Winter spooning is just right. I'd like to take a poll: "Are you a winter or summer spooner?" I suppose I shouldn't be getting picky just yet. Yes, I realize this is a tangent. So anyway, I saw a rainbow as I was driving to work this morning. It was a hazy, foggy, pollution-illed rainbow but nonetheless a rainbow. Give me a couple months and I'll be cursing about the incompetent drivers in the wet freeways and whining about my unworn flipflops. Ladies and Gentlemen, it's Fall in LA. |
|