Thursday, December 23
Instead of imposing my friends with sappy year-end sentiments via spam e-mail, I've decided to post it here.
(E-mail)
As the year comes to a close a time to reflect...
Fill this out and forward it on (including to the person who sent this
to you) and have a wonderful New Year!
1. What did you do in 2004 that you'd never done before?
-I resigned from my first job out of college and started at a new one.
-Visited Costa Rica
-Learned to surf and skateboard
-Knit
-Salsa and Ballroom dancing
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more
for next year?
Yes. I moved out of the dreadful Park La Brea apartments and moved to the Westside! And I found myself a new job that put an end to the brain damage my last job was creating.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes, Josh Chien and his wife Jenny gave birth to baby Joelle Chien.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, God bless.
5. What countries did you visit?
Costa Rica baby! One of the most amazing moments in my life.
6. What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004?
It'd be nice to get it on the regular. "Regular" being the operative word.
7. What date(s) from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Let's see, Rick, Brandon, Terry, Jason... just kidding! My trip with Christie to Costa Rica Nov. 11-16 2004 will always be a beautiful memory.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting a new job even though I was scared and almost doubted my decision.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not finding a new job sooner!
10. Did you suffer any illness or injury?
The "tennis elbow" came back mysteriously. I had a bad ear infection. Other than that, I think this is the first year in a long time that I didn't suffer from a major ailment. In fact, I don't think I got a cold (yet), *knock on wood.*
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't know...my Kenneth Cole heels I got at Nordstrom Rack?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My friend Tawny who has re-discovered the joy of single life.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
*That guy*
14. Where did most of your money go?
RENT. More like ALL my money.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My iPod mini as a gift from Saatchi & Saatchi!
16. What song will always remind you of 2004?
Mr. Brightside-The Killers, any Maroon 5 hit single.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Much, much happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter. Oh yes.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer by a tad. But it's still progress!
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Museums, dancing, watching dance companies.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Worrying.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family and friends in San Diego. And Mammoth!
22. Did you fall in love in 2004?
Yes, with Costa Rica.
23. How many one-night stands?
Wouldn't you like to know.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
The OC and One Tree Hill
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Hate is such a strong word. So no.
26. What was the best book you read?
Hemmingway's The Sun Also Rises.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
The Postal Service. And iTunes.
28. What did you want and get?
A new place to live, a new job, and an iPod mini!
29. What did you want and not get?
A hot Boy toy. Millions of dollars. A fabulous wardrobe. You know, the norm.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Didn't see enough to make a proper judgement. "Closer" was good, but I wouldn't say it's my fave.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Shopping and dinner with Tawny. 24 yikes!
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Absolutely nothing. I do my best to live at my fullest so I have no regrets.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
"Transistion to a Grown-Up"
34. What kept you sane?
Booze.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I always fancy Brad Pitt.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Ugh are you serious?
37. Who did you miss?
My old roomies and some college friends.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Wow, I've actually met a lot of new people this year! It'd be unfair to name one.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004:
Everything comes in due time as long as you keep striving for it. You can't let fear inhibit you from achieving your goals and happiness.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I'm not a girl, not yet a woman..." Just kiddin'!
Of course I look to John Mayer:
"I rent a room and I fill the spaces with wood in places to make it feel like home. But all I feel’s alone. It might be a quarter-life crisis, or just the stirring in my soul." |
|