Monday, January 17
|
God Bless Martin Luther King Jr. Today was a beautiful January day. 76 degrees at the beach. Brisk but bearable wind. Indeed it was the calm after the storm. Away with the 2 week straight raining bullshit. MLE and I took our beach cruisers onto the beach bike path. It almost fooled me for summertime. We pumped up the music, as much as it would "pump up," with a newly bought cumbersome CD boombox that had no shock control whatsoever. MLE had to dangle it off her handlebars. So as we headed south to Venice, MLE decided we needed to buy a hat to keep the sun out of our eyes. So we each purchased some kick ass cowboy hats and off we went on our red and pink bikes again, looking like a cowgirl gang with its other members missing. "Ride 'em cowgirls!" we heard from envious old pervs. Man were we cool. We stopped at the swings, swung as high as we could, then moved on to Main Street. Happy Hour at Lula's from 1-7 everday! What an awesome discovery! A few drinks and snacks later we went for more riding. The slight inclines going uphill really took a toll on my buzzed body. One last stop at 3rd Street Promenade. As the sun set we headed towards home. I couldn't help but think that the last time I went on a fun biking adventure was with Gregg. We had so much fun that day. I thought that there would be so many more days like these with him. So many more summers to go, so many more nights out to go. It saddens me that there will not, but at the same time makes me happy that I am graced to have had shared those moments with him, even if short-lived. Today was a beautiful day. And I resolve to keep spending time with those I care about. |
|